Saturday 21 January 2012

Superdrug & Boots Haul!

I have been hearing a lot of good things about the MUA (make up academy) range recently so decided it was about time to find out what all the fuss is about!
Unfortunately my local superdrug did not stock the MUA Pro palettes which is what I really wanted to get, but instead I raided their display and bought pretty much all the eyeshadows they has and a few other bits and bobs! So here is was I bought:
Shade 20 - Matt black
Shade 19 - Matt brown
Shade 11 - Pearl/ bronzey brown
Shade 3 - Pearl silver
Shade 4 - Pearl mauve pink
Shade 9 - Pearl purple/blue
Shade 31 - Pearl sky/sea blue
Shade 7 - Pearl grass green
Shade 8 - Pearl aqua green
Shade 6 - Pearl vibrant green
Shade 1 - Pearl champagne

I will attach a picture of the colours, sadly my iPhone camera is a bit rubbish but you can make out the shades.

I really like the colours I picked, although was slightly disappointed there weren't more to choose from, the price is unbelievable...£1.00 each! Yes that is all these little beauty's cost!

I like the quality of them and the pigment is pretty good for the price, it will be interesting to see what the difference is against the pro range and will hopefully do a review on them soon.

I did a quick make up look using the eyeshadows, I chose shade 19, 6 & 20 and was quite happy with the outcome. I personally think these eyeshadows will be best suited for day looks rather than night looks when used with each other, however I think these colours would complement any of the higher ranged make up such as MAC or Urban Decay....

The packaging is nice and sturdy considering the low price and I will definitely be buying more from this range in the future, I am quite impressed! :)

Along with the eyeshadows I bought all there blushers, pressed powder and bronzer so will be doing separate reviews for them all, think I will use them all this week I can really pick out the pros and cons of the MUA range, but so far so good! :)

I will post a pic of my MUA look below..

No comments:

Post a Comment